Saturday, July 25, 2020

Diane Stiglich | Yellow

Yellow


I remember a time
when five chrome
yellow sweaters
sat in the closet.

I would never wear them.
I would only buy them.

There were days
I would
open the door and
let the yellow
saturate my eyes,

to lift me
from where I was,
to where I could be.

These days call for
more stringent methods.

I fill the basin
with the coldest water
the pipes will offer,
sink my face in,
open my eyes,
and wait.


______________________________



Diane Stiglich earned her BA from the University of Texas at Dallas and her MFA from Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University. Her paintings have been exhibited in numerous shows throughout New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas. Her debut fiction Have You Seen CindySleigh? was published in 2016 by Poets Wear Prada.  She lives in Hoboken, where she owns the Luna Rosa Home store. Diane negotiates life between the art studio, martial arts classes, the store, the town, and home — and she likes to write about them all. She is currently working on a collection of micro fiction, poems, and other inkings, titled Fragments

No comments:

Post a Comment