Friday, October 23, 2020

Patricia Carragon | Early Autumn

A Brooklyn Halloween by Patricia Carragon
“Brooklyn in Seasonal Transition”
Photo Credit: Patricia Carragon

Early Autumn


October at midpoint
Brooklyn in seasonal transition

summer trees wear highlights
of golden yellow    reddish orange     or russet brown
 
cool air tingles my fingers that snap photos
of ghouls & witches amid pumpkin patches

from a passing car
I hear Ella Fitzgerald sing Early Autumn

walk a few more blocks before rain’s return
& think of things best kept in the attic

like why my thoughts wear Code Orange
why you can’t touch me    hear me    or even see me


Haunted Brooklyn by Patricia Carragon
“Happy Halloween”
Photo Credit: Patricia Carragon


__________________________________


Patricia Carragon is the author of several books of poetry and fiction. Her most recent poetry collections are Meowku (Poets Wear Prada) and Innocence (Finishing Line Press). Her debut novel, Angel Fire, was just released by Alien Buddha Press. Patricia hosts the Brownstone Poets reading in Brooklyn and publishes an associated anthology annually. She is also an executive editor for Home Planet News Online.

1 comment: