Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Belle Koblentz | Tulips

In New Jersey, after the evening rain, the daffodil green tips are popping up among the remaining brown leaves of fall. The cherry trees will be next, their blossoms filling the air with pink snow. Tulips should avoid the unpredictable weather of March and make their entrance in April. Spring is beautiful, I await it impatiently.

Tulips, digital photograph by Belle Koblentz © 2020
Tulips, digital photograph by Belle Koblentz © 2020
Shot with Nikon D80

Once, I was a painter, a colorist. Today, I am a photographer, a digital artist, who approaches the photo image from a painter's perspective and with a painter's vocabulary. Color is still foremost in my consideration of the elements of a piece. Nature is my muse. I transform my original photo, pushing saturation, hue, value and contrast, to abstract it from a photographic reality to a painterly space.

______________________________


Belle Koblentz


Belle Koblentz is a New Jersey artist living in Colts Neck and a member of the Art Alliance of Monmouth County. She received her BA in Visual Arts and an MA in Aesthetics from the University of Texas at Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment